• A merry-andrew; a buffoon.Then write that I may follow, and so be Thy echo, thy debtor, thyfoil, thy zany. Donne.Preacher at once, and zany of thy age. Pope.

Zany meaning & definition 1 of Zany.

• An out-of-fashion word for wacky and individualistic. Most zany things are out of fashion now too.

Zany meaning & definition 2 of Zany.

• Sorry for all of you who blindly chose the name without a knowledge of its origins especially for you zany. Zany or Zani was the name given to a broad band of characters in the 15th century italian style of theater [comedia del arte]. The zanies were a group of clown like or jester like people who would preform acrobatics and act as the most crazy in the group.

Zany meaning & definition 3 of Zany.

• [silly], [funny], [crazy].

Zany meaning & definition 4 of Zany.

• A once cool word that was killed because it was over-commercialized, much like extreme except for the fact that the word extreme is totally shitty.
    I sometimes let [zany] slip from time to time, i say it in a surfer dude voice like Wow! What a zany guy but mostly I use it sarcastically, by that I mean I say that Richard Nixon is zany. Nixon actually was a thieving, [Cheneyesque], monster. Maybe some day zany will make a big comeback, most likely from the streets of [Jamaica Queens].

Zany meaning & definition 5 of Zany.

• A lifestyle, an attitude, a [mindset], a movement. The moment in which you dont understand [zany] is the moment in which you truly understand zany. Not to be confused with the drug [Xanax].

Zany meaning & definition 6 of Zany.

• A word [put in] as a warning that the person, movie or act it is [attached] to will be totally and completely [unfunny].

Zany meaning & definition 7 of Zany.

• Amusingly unconventional and idiosyncratic.

Zany meaning & definition 8 of Zany.

• strange, surprising, or uncontrolled in a humorous way:

Zany meaning & definition 9 of Zany.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Zany around the world.